Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New Idea-hair!

For anyone who doesn't know me, I have hair past my knees...closer to my ankles. I rarely wear it down, so therefore I always do it up and, according to others, always have good ideas. I admit I always look at peoples hair to get idea and the only reason I normally look at wedding magazines is to see the hair! A coworker always told me I needed to write a book, but that seems too complicated. Again this weekend I heard comments about my hair, so I thought maybe I would share some ideas on my blog? I follow a blog for little girl hair ideas, but I can't be as professional as that lady right now, so for my first one, they are very rough self-portraits I took this afternoon.

The hair style is: "Messy Donut"

  1. Do the front of your hair first, then put it in a ponytail. Today I did a side-part, then fastened a chunk of hair with a bobby pin for a bit of 'pouf' in the front.
  2. (sorry I don't have pictures for the steps) Take another elastic and begin a ponytail, but on the last time of pulling the hair through, leave it as a loop. Take the ends of the hair that are hanging and wrap them around the base of the ponytail. Separate the loop and start pinning till a donut shape forms.
  3. I always like to decorate with flowers or ribbon, so today was my special flower from Hawaii.

3 comments:

  1. Your hair looks really cool! I'll have to give it a try sometime. My hair is reaally long, straight and thin so it's hard to do much with it. More time to practice with it would be nice, though...
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this info Leah! I also used to look at your hair and wonder how you did it. It always looks great! My hair is curly and only about mid-back for length so I can't do so many interesting styles, but I'll still enjoy giving yours a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute hair style! Want to know something crazy? I did this style a couple months ago. It was the time I told you I did a messy donut bun...:D Great minds think alike! Even from across the globe. :D

    ReplyDelete